We are applying the DIY approach to almost all aspects of our lives. When shifting to a new home, the energetic millennial think of doing the move themselves. Relying on packers and movers seems almost irrelevant when you can complete it by yourself and save some cost. Although a good line of thinking, there are still very valid reasons to use professional packers and movers.
Avoid the Tiring Experience
Shifting home is an extremely tiring process. You cannot compare it to the most tiring session in the gym. It is mentally and physically taxing. Let the professional packers and movers work on it while you can take over the supervising role and ensure things are being done to your satisfaction.
Professional Packers and Movers Pack Better
Even with packing material available at the supermarket, it is advisable to let the experts decide how each item should be packed. They will do it faster, effectively and ensure safety. Additionally, you won’t have either excess or a shortage of material at your hand.
Moving things between two places always involves an element of risk. Even with the best precautions, there is a minuscule chance that something might break on way. Professional packers and movers will provide you with insurance options. If there is any damage, you will be compensated for it. When moving the items yourself, there is no risk coverage.
Moving Heavier Items
Let’s be honest, moving beds, wardrobes etc. cannot be done by one person. Getting your friends to help may work if you can manage. The best option is to let people who have been doing this regularly for a living do it. They can foresee the nuances of moving such items without lifts, around corners and narrow areas.
Stress Free Moving
Moving household items on a vehicle usually involves legal requirements. These include permits, tolls etc. Anticipating and getting these compliance involves time consuming leg work. Best to let professional packers and movers to deal with these. You get to remain stress free.
Though DIY proves rewarding in most cases, moving to a new home needs a professional touch. All in all, getting professionals to do it is much easier on you. The convenience and risk coverage you receive offsets any increase in cost. While the move takes place, you can ask your friends who offered to help you move to instead help you in your housewarming party.
You may be interested
Logistics tie-ups: moving business deals towards long term partnershipsAdmin Shiftkarado - Nov 22, 2021
Businesses, big or small, are engaged in constant decision-making. Efficiency and transparency are integral to any work, and when it…
Lock, Stock, and Moving – Anywhere you wantAdmin Shiftkarado - Oct 19, 2021
COVID 19, in its wake, has brought its own share of new lessons and unlearning. In the new normal, industries…
Tips for Shifting in BengaluruAdmin Shiftkarado - Aug 21, 2019
India’s Garden City and Silicon Valley, Bengaluru is one of India’s most desirable cities. From careers to ‘nature’s AC’, from…
1. Professional moving companies charge just a fraction higher than what you’ll pay for a do it yourself (DIY) move.
2. Moving with professional movers reduces the stress of moving so you can actually enjoy your relocation.
3. Professional movers provide efficient and reliable service that saves you a lot of time and effort.
4. Moving costs are tax-deductible.
5. Professional movers understand moving and will ensure that everything goes smoothly on moving day and post-move.
6. A lot of accidents happen during moving day with DIY moves.
7. Some types of moves are just better handled by professionals.
8. Friends and relatives can’t give you insurance for any damage during your move.
9. Professional movers offer different moving packages to adjust to different moving budgets.
10. When moving from one city to another, you need time to take care of many other details not related to your physical move.